Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C Raspberry Flavour 114 g Oral Powder
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C Raspberry flavour 114 g oral powder
High Strength, Bioavailable Zinc Powder With Vitamin C And Activated B6.
Size: 114 g oral powder (30 days)
- Clinic Essentials
- Free from Nuts and Seeds
- Lactose free
- Gluten free
- Dairy protein free
Ingredients in Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C have been shown to or may:
- Prevent zinc deficiency.
- Reduce duration of colds.
- Exclusive Meta Zn®– Zinc bisglycinate powder is easily absorbed. It’s high strength, great tasting, and suitable for use in children.
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C – Benefits
- Metagneics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C provides superior absorption and bioavailability, without the side effects, like nausea. Zinc in Meta Zn® – Zinc bisglycinate is covalently bound to two glycine molecules. As glycine is the smallest amino acid, the whole Meta Zn® – Zinc bisglycinate molecule is small enough to be absorbed through abundant protein absorption channels instead of competing for few mineral absorption channels. The covalent bond is strong enough that it is not affected by stomach acid therefore preventing interactions with the gastro-intestinal lumen, where other forms of zinc may irritate and cause nausea and stomach upsets.4
- Deficiencies of vitamin C and zinc severely supress immune response. Low zinc status may increase susceptibility to infectious diseases, such as diarrheal diseases or viral infections, as well as impact both T and B lymphocyte function, and the production of thymic hormone in the thymus.1 Vitamin C and zinc support epithelial barriers, cellular proliferation and antibody production.1 Vitamin C is necessary for:
- Leucocyte and macrophage functions
- Neutrophil motility and phagocytosis
- Antimicrobial activity
- Interferon synthesis and antihistamine properties1
- Children need zinc for brain growth and development.4 Zinc is required for regulating protein synthesis and tissue growth, as well as cellular signalling.4,5 During early development, cellular activity may be particularly sensitive to zinc deficiency, which has been shown to compromise cognitive function.4
- Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C is also used for male health, particularly sperm health and testosterone production.6 Zinc plays an important role in wound healing and the management of acne.7
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C – Directions
Children 4 to 13 years for immune support: Add ¼ metric teaspoon (0.95 g) to 100 mL water once daily with food. Drink immediately.
Adults and teenagers: Acute Add ½ metric teaspoon (1.9 g) to 200 mL water once daily with food. Drink immediately.
Maintenance: Add ½ metric teaspoon (1.9 g) to 200 mL water once daily with food. Drink immediately. Or take as directed by your healthcare professional.
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C – Warnings
WARNING: Not to be used in children under 2 years of age without medical advice. Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period. Stop taking this medication if you experience tingling, burning or numbness and see your healthcare practitioner as soon as possible. [Contains vitamin B6].
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact Metagenics in Australia on 1800 777 648 or in New Zealand on 0508 227 744.
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C – Ingredients
|Each dose (1.9 g) contains:
|Calcium ascorbate dihydrate
|Equivalent Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
|Zinc amino acid chelate (Meta Zn®– Zinc bisglycinate)
|Pyridoxal 5-phosphate monohydrate (Vitamin B6)
|Equivalent Vitamin D3
Free from dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Excipients: Acacia, Citric acid, Colloidal anhydrous silica, D-alpha-tocopherol, Flavour, Hypromellose, Liquid glucose, Maize starch, Maltodextrin, Medium chain triglycerides, Potassium citrate, Silicon dioxide, Sodium ascorbate, Starch sodium octenyl succinate, Steviol glycosides, Sucrose and Tartaric acid. For more information about excipients used in this product, see our full excipient list here.
Metagenics Meta Zinc with Vitamin C Orange Flavour 114 g Oral PowderRated 0 out of 5Read more